Open Day 2020
Yes, it’s come around again already and we’re super busy with preparations for our main charity fundraising event of the year … and of course, this year is a very special one for us!
Holding our Open Day on the May Spring Bank Holiday weekend last year certainly proved to be a good move for us, so this year it’s same again, as the poster above shows!
Would you like to support our charity fundraising event?
There are many ways to support the PLIRB Open Day – including with preparations and through helping on the day. Our volunteers are already putting in the extra hours to get the preparations underway, and we’re currently looking for additional support if possible through:
- Donations of good quality items for us to sell
- Donations of items, services or vouchers for our Grand Raffle
- Donations of refreshment items – cakes and other treats are welcome
- Getting in touch with us to volunteer to help on the day
- Coming along on the day, to spend time with the team, check out the stalls and have a go in the raffle!
If you are not able to donate anything or come along on the day, there are still other ways to support us. You might like to …
- Share our blog posts and social media posts, to help us publicise our Open Day.
- Tell your friends and colleagues about us, so that they can be aware and even be there!
- Visit our boathouse on a Sunday morning to pick up a poster to display for us (check our social media and we’ll let you know when these are available for collection.
Why our charity fundraiser event is important for us
As an independent rescue boat charity, we receive no central or government funding, and no subsidies for providing beach safety and rescue services in our local community. We raise all of our running, equipment, maintenance and training costs ourselves and welcome sponsorship and fundraising support from benefactors, national corporations, local businesses and thoughtful individuals.
We greatly value our role in the local community and our annual Open Day is our favourite opportunity for fundraising because it’s when we can open our doors, set up stalls and a show and invite our community to join with us for a day which puts the FUN into fundraising.
If you would like to know more about us, and why our fundraising is so important, please click the button below for our fundraising and donations page.
And of course, 2020 is particularly special for us because it’s the 50th Anniversary of the Pett Level Independent Rescue Boat.
We’d be absolutely blown away if we could achieve a total on the day which includes a 5-0 at the beginning, so if you think you can help in any way, please do get in touch. Meanwhile, please keep checking back for updates on progress and for news on the activities lined up for Open Day!
We truly appreciate all help we receive and look forward to sharing our day with you.