Yes, the good news is that we’re in the lucky position of now being able to benefit when our volunteers, friends and supporters are shopping online.
And the even better news? It won’t cost anyone an extra penny to do so!
A while back we teamed up with Give as you Live and we’re now getting the party started! Like our fundraising through Smile.Amazon, Give as you Live offers a similar way for us to raise funds without asking our friends and supporters to part with any extra money. Yes, simply by shopping online for items you’d have been buying anyway, you could be raising money for us.
Give as you Live is an online shopping platform which links to over 4,000 online stores. When you use our link to shop at any of these stores through the Give as you Live platform, any purchase you make tracks through to generate free funds for us.
All you need to do
Helping us out this way won’t make a difference to the cost of what you’re buying, but can certainly make a difference to how much we can raise across the year. All you need to do to get started:
- Use this PLIRB LINK to visit the Give as you Live platform.
- Have a read all about it and see if you like what you see 🙂
- If you think it’s a good way to shop and donate at the same time, we’d appreciate it if you could register to use Give as you Live. Their process is pretty easy and as long as you’ve used our link to access the registration page, you should be able to see that you’re supporting us through our name and information at the top of the page.
- After this, you’ll be able to browse the stores and choose your favourites.
- You can then log straight into your Give as you Live account each time you want to shop and one of these stores, and a donation will automatically be made to us.
From holidays and travel, to clothing and gifts, everything you buy which is tracked through Give as you Live will raise funds for us.
Don’t worry if you forget to use our link or if you want to get your friends donating and start telling them all about it rather than sharing the link. It’s fine to just register with Give as you Live then, from ‘inside’ the platform, it’s just a case of searching for us and nominating us as the chosen charity for donations.
This how-to post has been saved as a page for future reference, but we’ll also be putting reminders and updates on the blog every now and again. Until then, if you could share this page and our GAYL link with your friends, that would be amazing – and much appreciated!
For now though, we’d just like to say thank you so much for helping us out with this … and happy shopping!