We are looking for a fundraiser to join our volunteering team.
The ideal candidate will be a good communicator, someone who is ready to accept the challenge to raise awareness about Pett Level Independent Rescue Boat (PLIRB), elicit interest in our activities and create opportunities to increase our impact in the community.
The ideal candidate will be able to build and maintain good relationships with potential and existing donors and supporters. They will possess excellent social and interpersonal skills to nurture these relationships. Further, the ideal candidate will be positive, optimistic and enthusiastic, be eager to learn more about our fundraising initiatives and to experiment new fundraising strategies also in collaboration with other team members.
The successful fundraiser will be member of the PLIRB Committee and attend Committee meetings.
The principal activities for the fundraiser role include:
- Compile and maintain a database of local and national donors (existing and potential). Maintain relationships with donors.
- Compile thorough research to identify new revenue generating opportunities.
- Research relevant local grant opportunities, make recommendations to the Committee and lead the preparation and submission of grant applications or proposals.
- Build new working relationships with donors and other organisations by attending relevant local events.
- Participate in Committee meetings to discuss and update on fundraising initiatives and activities.
- Participate and support the activities and events organised and promoted by PLIRB.
- Research and make recommendations for other fundraising opportunities, including, but not limited to, merchandise sales, social media outreach, events and community activities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual. Applications from candidates with no experience in fundraising will be considered although the candidate should clearly explain how previous job experience or personal interest contributed to developing skills that fulfil the requirements for this job.
We offer 15% of all successful revenue generated.
How to apply
If you would like to apply, please email The Secretary at email@example.com with a covering letter on why you believe you are a suitable candidate for the role.
We are an independent inshore rescue boat facility, working in close co-operation with HM Coastguard and the RNLI. We receive no funding from either and depend solely on public donations and sponsorship to continue. The service was started by two fisherman and became The Pett Level Rescue Boat Association (more recently the Pett Level Independent Rescue Boat Association) in 1971 with Charity status coming in the 1980s.
We have helped search for missing yachts, rescued walkers and their dogs trapped on Fairlight cliffs by incoming tides, caught sea birds that have been contaminated by oil pollution and taken them to the RSCPA at Mallydams. We’ve helped the RNLI search for missing children at Camber Beach and work alongside the Rye Bay Coastguard to ensure that everyone who comes to our stretch of coast is as safe as they can be.
Every year, the crew, trustees and supporters work extremely hard to raise funds, through charity events and open days, in order to meet the rescue boat’s running costs. The Pett Level Independent Rescue Boat is one of only a handful of independent rescue boats still operating around the British coast.