This year’s Open Day on Sunday 26th May 2019 is nearly here! Find out how our plans are going …
Yes, our early-in-the-year Open Day is nearly here. Latest planned schedule is looking like this:
12.00 noon Event begins … woo hoo, the sun will come out and everything will be lovely! Of course.
Activities will include:
- Music from Stevie Smith – blues, rock, harp, harmonica – something for everybody!
- Charity stalls to support Pett Level Independent Rescue Boat, Rother Responders, Hastings Young People’s Service.
- Other local trader stalls whose pitch fee will support PLIRB.
- Games and activities.
- Motorbike line-up and photo opportunities.
- Our boats will be out in the sun (weather permitting) for viewing – come ask your questions and have your photo taken.
- Face painting.
- Cakes and refreshments.
- BBQ and Pimms.
- Grand Raffle – star prizes include £100 cash; an overnight stay in a sea view room courtesy of The White Rock Hotel, Hastings; vouchers for local attractions; hampers and much more.
- Silent auction – for star prize of a 3 – 4 night self-catering break at certain parks, courtesy of Park Holidays.
- Bottle tombola.
Confirmed visitors include the:
- John Godley, Mayor of Winchelsea
- Paul Goring, Mayor & Town Crier of Rye.
- Motorbike visitors from Busa Riders UK.
Possible visitors include local Rother Police, who may come to present us with a donation cheque from the Rother Police Property Fund.
3.30 pm Sea display by our volunteer boat and base crews, using one or both of our boats.
Followed by … drawing of the Grand Raffle by the Rye Town Crier, and revealing of the winning bid in our Secret Auction.
Please note that although we carry out rescues in all weathers, for your comfort on the day our sea display will only take place if the weather conditions are fair.
Further updates as they happen, do come join us if you can!